[geeklog-devel] FCKeditor support

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Nov 24 13:25:37 EST 2008

Blaine Lang wrote:

>I have not had a site where it has not worked.

Try a fresh install of 1.5.1.

>All one has to do is enable it and allow the HTML tags.

In 1.4.1, when you enabled the advanced editor, it would add the extra
HTML tags and attributes to the admin's list of allowed HTML. That
functionality is missing from 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 (that's what bug #757 is about).

The old behavior made more sense. Why should the user need to know which
tags and attributes are supported by FCKeditor? This should all work
"with the click of a button", so to speak.

>Definitely do not consider removing it from the project  - that is not
>something I would support and wanted to make that clear off the top.

I see that it is a popular feature and certainly wouldn't remove it
lightheartedly. But seeing how our current support[1] for it - in a word
- sucks, that would be the more honest consequence.

bye, Dirk

[1] where by "support" I mean things working as shipped, timely response
to bug reports, actual user support in the forums

--
http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/