[geeklog-devel] Interesting bug - path collision

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Sep 3 13:52:22 EDT 2008

Michael Jervis wrote:

>    include_once( 'Mail.php' );
>    include_once( 'Mail/RFC822.php' );
>
>Our current 'path' at this point is /admin. Which contains mail.php.
>Which is included instead of Pear's Mail.php. And then crashes.

Ah, that issue again ... It pops up from time to time on the forums. I
have yet to see a proper solution.

That affects everybody hosting on Windows (or on a case-insensitive file
system). Doing the include_once without any path is the way recommended
by PEAR. I have no idea what to do in a case like this ...

http://www.haun-online.de/accu/