[geeklog-devel] Interesting bug - path collision

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Wed Sep 3 17:04:56 EDT 2008

At 04:15 PM 9/3/2008, Damien Hodgkin wrote:
>How about adding a small check to see if your running on a windows
>system, and
>then make sure the correct file is included by doing a regex on the file name
>to make sure it is Mail.php and not mail.php.
>
>You can use case to your advantage on a windows system, it's just a matter of
>how you do it, what tools you utilize and think outside of the four paned
>window ;)

How would that work? The problem is we want to open the PEAR Mail.php
but there is a mail.php in the current working directory. What will a
regex do to stop the OS from finding the file mail.php when we ask to
open the file Mail.php? It's not like you can rewrite how include_once works.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com