[geeklog-devel] Beyond 1.5.1

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Sep 14 03:56:01 EDT 2008

So, what are our plans once 1.5.1 is out?

Obviously, we want to integrate the results of this year's Summer of Code.

What else? Here are 3 items from my personal list:

1) Fix the editors. That's bug #653: When you forget to fill out a
required field or some other problem occurs when you try to save
something, you often end up with an error message and an empty editor
form. That has always been bad, but with the introduction of the
security tokens (Re: CSRF), you can not simply hit the back button any
more to get your content back (you can, but you won't be able to save it
due to the expired token).

The story editor is one of the few exceptions were things are done right.

2) Find a replacement for kses. We need to come up with a list of
requirements first, though.

3) Raise the minimum requirements. Looking at our poll:
<http://www.geeklog.net/polls/index.php?pid=php-and-mysql-2008&aid=-1>
I'd say it should be acceptable to cut off support for PHP versions
below 4.4, which would allow us to get rid of a few things like the PEAR
PHP_Compat package.

Regarding MySQL, version 4.1 looks like a reasonable minimum
requirement, although I'm not quite sure what it would buy us?

Any other items considered big + important?

And then of course there are lots of things in the bugtracker that we
should address. I see quite a few minor issues that just had to be
postponed for 1.5.0/1.5.1 for various reasons but should be easy enough
to implement.

That's actually quite a lot of work already. If we're aiming for a
release in, say, December or January, that should keep all of us busy.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/