[geeklog-devel] Going Mercurial?

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Sep 14 04:09:53 EDT 2008

Another thing that we should decide on before we start with 1.5.2:

Are we going to switch to Mercurial?

I'd say the benefits of a Distributed Version Control System are
obvious. The only questions remaining are which system we're going to
use and when to make the switch.

So how does Mercurial feel? I guess our SoC students have the most
experience with it now - let's hear it, guys.

We could of course decide to try out some other system before making a
decision. I've expressed my reservations regarding git before, but
Bazaar may be a candidate worth considering.

If we're unsure, we can stick to CVS for now. But we should have made
the switch by the time the next GSoC comes around (should Google decide
to run that program again and should we be selected to take part again,
of course).

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/