[geeklog-devel] User account names (was: calendar plugin: Zip code is too small...)

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Sep 25 14:44:04 EDT 2008

IvyWe今駒 wrote:

>And user account(16) is too small for multi-byte language users, I think.

Hmm. I was actually thinking (for a while now) how to go about
restricting the usernames to pretty much a-z, digits, and a few select
other characters (and how to handle a conversion of existing usernames
that use other characters).

I guess that's the typical closed-minded western view? How are other
sites in Japan handling usernames? Do they allow non-ASCII characters?

http://geeklog.info/