[geeklog-devel] AJAX and Javascript Libraries - request for comments

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Feb 3 15:16:57 EST 2009

>there is clearly a need for a JS library to made it easier
>to code the functions and UI components to handle and enrich the user
>interface.

So, after only 4 posts I'm already counting recommendations for 6
different JS libraries :-)

Which is why my original idea was to set up a GSoC project "Find us an
AJAX library" where we pre-select some candidates and then the student
would implement some tasks with each of them to get a better idea what's
working and what isn't.

Okay, so maybe a GSoC project would be overkill. Still, I'd like to see
us base a decision on something a bit more substantial than "I'm
familiar with it".

For example, how do these libraries compare on things like
- security
- footprint / overhead / load times
- ease of use / learning curve

http://spam.tinyweb.net/