[geeklog-devel] AJAX and Javascript Libraries - request for comments

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:30:13 EST 2009

Just a warning, while there are some nice advantages to using Google to load
these libraries (speed, and only forcing users to have one copy of the
libraries cached are the big ones), there are some considerations that need
to be made...

1. Geeklog would not control when updated versions get loaded (including
security fixes and bug upgrades).
2. If Google is down (or the part of google that hosts the libraries), AJAX
won't work on your site.
3. While I doubt Google would go away, there is chance they could stop
supporting this service.

On the "third" hand, the first and third points are mitigated by this
statement:
"Google works directly with the key stake holders for each library effort
and accepts the latest stable versions as they are released. Once we host a
release of a given library, we are committed to hosting that release
indefinitely."

-Vinny