[geeklog-devel] Summer is coming

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Feb 11 15:43:35 EST 2009

Seems I can always rely on my local PHP user group for coming up with a
presentation on a topic at the right time ...

We have this Social Networking project on our GSoC ideas page:

  http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/SoC_socialnetworking

It makes a vague reference to the OpenSocial API. After tonight's
presentation and a little research, I'd say that would be one heck of a
project on its own.

Here's a handy list of the required specifications that a conforming
server-side application would need to implement:

  http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-container/msg/dcaa9862269d4599

The reference implementation (shindig) is licensed under the Apache
license and therefore not available for use (unless we wanted to switch
to the GPLv3).

So I guess the reference to OpenSocial in our project description should
be toned down a bit. If at all, that can only be the next step after a
project has laid the groundwork and actually added some social network
stuff in the first place.

http://geeklog.info/