[geeklog-devel] Plugin repository

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Jan 20 13:34:29 EST 2009

Website Master wrote:

>So are you suggesting a new type of plugin? Sort of what a component is to a
>module in Joomla?

I, at least, wasn't :)

I would make the autoinstall.php a requirement for inclusion in a plugin
repository. But we shouldn't forget that this upload / install over the
internet process will not work for all of our users. So plugins should
still be downloadable and installable the old way.

Of course, for those that can use the new process, we should make it a
pleasant and convenient experience (ugh - excuse the marketing speak ...).

http://geeklog.info/