[geeklog-devel] Plugin repository

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Tue Jan 20 13:54:20 EST 2009

Dirk Haun wrote:
> Hmm. We don't have the necessary infrastructure in place (in Geeklog) to
> do that. And I don't think I like the idea of some process messing
> around in lib-custom.php (to add the block code).
>
> Why not go the mini-plugin route? All you would need is a functions.inc
> and a autoinstall.php, both neatly placed in a directory.
>
> Dirk
Maybe we need a new blocks directory where we could auto-install from an
archive pulled down from the depot. Each block would have it's own
directory and related code. We would also need a public_html directory
to contain any needed resources. We can leverage much from the plugin
auto-install structure but I think it would be best to keep them
separate from plugins.

- Blaine