[geeklog-devel] RFC: Simplifying PLG_itemSaved

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Jan 25 05:17:22 EST 2009

Website Master wrote:

>Also some
>plugins have multiple object types, the current API does not handle this. As
>example the forum has topics and messages.

Okay, I just ran into this same problem with the Links plugin, which has
links and categories. Obviously, I can do

    PLG_itemSaved($lid, 'links');

for a link. But what do I call when a link category changed? Claiming
'category' for the Links plugin would be rude.

Suggestion:

    PLG_itemSaved($cid, 'links.category');

i.e. allow plugins to have subtypes, separated by a dot.

Comments?

http://geeklog.info/