[geeklog-devel] Introducing the Plugin Toolkit featuring the Plugin Generator

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Jun 1 10:55:43 EDT 2009

Vincent Furia wrote:

>For plugin functions that are "optional" to implement, I'd suggest creating
>them commented out.

Given that we have 60+ plugin API functions[1], I decided against that,
as it would only clutter the functions.inc file. I did pick a few common
ones (search, autotags, menu items), though.

Let me know if you feel some others should be in there, too. But for the
rest, I'd say we should provide sample implementations on the wiki
(eventually - for now I would be happy with functions being documented
in the first place ...).

>This could apply to the SQL file
>too, as not all plugins necessarily have SQL tables.

Creating SQL files is now an option. It generates a dummy table that has
an index and the usual owner_id, etc. fields, but no actual content.

    http://www.geeklog.net/filemgmt/index.php?id=941

bye, Dirk

[1] <http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Plugin_API>

--