[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code 2009: Geeklog

saurabh gupta saurabhgupta1403 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:01:11 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

*First, a brief introduction about me: *
I am Saurabh Gupta from India. I am a senior engineering student. I have
been working for open source projects for a long time and I was a *GSoC
student in 2008* where I successfully completed my project under the
organization Openmoko (www.openmoko.org). In 2008 winters, I had my
internship at *Adobe Inc.* where I worked on the package  management system
using mysql and sqlite library. I have a long experience in programming in
C, C++, PHP, Python and other languages. Currently, my final year project at
university is about the automatic data logging system in which I am working
upon socket programming in C++,  PHP, MYSQL and setting up an intra-college
website using LAMP.

*About Geeklog, GSoC 2009
*I have downloaded geeklog latest version and set up a site and used its
features. I have seen the geeklog source code documentation and found the
work according to my interest and skills.
I have gone through the ideas posted on geeklog sites for GSoC 2009, and got
interest in the following:

*1) Plugin Repository feature:*
I went through this idea and did some research on it. To implement a plugin
repository facility to be installed using internet requires some package
management system along with the dependencies and conflicts resolutions.

*2) Spam-X modification *
This idea is also an interesting one and more intelligence can be put to the
spam filter tool with some known and existing algorithms. Other than this,
the current issues in spam-X tool can be solved with some more APIs.

*3) Spam Web of Trust*
I am currently going through this idea and would come back with some idea
and method to implement it in the best way.

I am looking forward to get feedback and suggestions for this and to discuss
the ideas. I would like to contribute geeklog this summer if I get a chance
through GSoC. If not, then still, I would remain in contact with the
community to contribute in the best possible manner I can.

Thanks,

--
Saurabh Gupta
Senior,