[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code 2009: Geeklog

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Mar 10 17:59:29 EDT 2009

saurabh gupta wrote:

>One idea is to implement a trainer for
>spams and not deleting the spams. Instead if the admin marks a post as "not
>spam" once, the next time, it should detect those kinds of posts as spam.
>This needs to implement the dynamic trainer for spam-X plugin.

My gut feeling is that our users won't be willing to spend a lot of time
training a spam filter. I may be wrong, though, and it seems to sort-of
work for WordPress and Akismet.

But the first step here would be to have a submission queue into which
posts can be put when their status is not clear. And that's part of the
project, as outlined on the wiki.

>One more idea which I discussed with Trinity is to develop a plug-in to move
>the stories and articles into plug-in.

Yeah, that's Trinity's pet project ... To be honest, I am not currently
interested in doing this.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/