[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code 2009: Geeklog

saurabh gupta saurabhgupta1403 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:10:31 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Dirk Haun <dirk at haun-online.de> wrote:
> saurabh gupta wrote:
>
>>What I am thinking is to make the spam-handling engine as a portable one.
>>Means, if a user has made a site and for a long time, its spam engine has
>>evolved and has the statistics also (like the counts of spam filters used,
>>some blocking keywords for detecting spam and more intelligence). Now, is
>>that user or another one makes another site using geeklog, then he has the
>>option to use the same spam intelligence in the new site.
>
> Forgot to comment on this bit: I like that idea - it should probably be
> added to the Spam-X ideas page. "Intelligence" or not, there should be a
> way to port your Spam-X data over to another site, since you will
> usually have to deal with the same sort of spammer there again.

Glad to know that you liked the idea. This is basically, an extension
to the SWOT, where you can pass the intelligence and even the list of
spammers. However, there is a lot of scope of implementation in spam-X
also and user can be provided with more configurable options to
configure the extent of spam portability. e.g. to select the degree of
security in filtering or may be categorization of filter rules
according to the need of the site. So, if another site imports data
from first one, it can even choose the selective and useful data for
it.

> I think someone wrote an extension that allowed them to export the Spam-
> X data from one site via a RSS feed and import it there again. Should be
> in the download section on geeklog.net somewhere.

I have started looking at the programming model of the geeklog and the
functions used in it. Hopefully, if i get a chance to code for geeklog
this summer, I will start working on it exclusively as soon as
possible.

--
Saurabh Gupta
Senior,