[geeklog-devel] Towards 1.6

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Mar 21 04:53:49 EDT 2009

Now that the Summer of Code is on again, we should really be wrapping up
1.6 development ASAP. So, quick roll call:

Mike: What's the status of getting the comment improvements into the
main repository? Should we push this to 1.6.1? I would hate having to do
that, but if it helps getting out 1.6.0 in time ...

Blaine: I see FCKeditor 2.6.4 final is out. Could you update the beta to
the final release, please?

Sami: I know you're already working on it, so just for completeness: The
new search has some backward compatibility issues with older plugins.

Justin: Any news regarding that unpacker class? If it's only the
whitespaces, check it in and I'll take care of that.

Matt: As mentioned, the install script's frontpage needs a facelift. If
you're having trouble placing three big and friendly buttons there: Have
you considered going back to two (install + upgrade) and add the (less
used, I would think) migration option somewhere else, e.g. in the menu?

myself: There are some loose ends with the plugin API (e.g. for
migration) that I'm going to look into. Will also go through my open
bugs and my private list to see what's on there that should really be in
the bugtracker.

Anyone else: We have 84 open issues in the bugtracker. Any help there is
welcome, from steps to reproduce the issue up to patches. This could
also be a good way for potential GSoC students to get to know the code
and maybe earn a bonus point for their application (hint, hint ;-)

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/