[geeklog-devel] Student developer with a question

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Mar 22 06:25:30 EDT 2009

Sean Clark wrote:

>Let me see if I'm understanding what this project would entail then. I would
>need to go through everything on the left column of
>(http://project.geeklog.net/src/), write tests for each of these files, and
>then provide automation for all tests to run, say, nightly; or the ability
>to run when invoked by a developer?

Yep, pretty much.

This project is not exactly challenging (to avoid the word
"tedious" ...). But someone has to kick it off and it would really help
us a lot. As a side effect, you would learn a lot about Geeklog as you
come into contact with a good portion of the code base. I would even
expect you to find a number of bugs along the way.

As the ideas page states, we don't expect complete code coverage by the
end of the summer (IIRC, a similar project for Drupal required two GSoCs
and one GHOP to complete). But once a good portion of the code is under
test and the tests are running automatically it will be much easier to
make "writing test cases" part of the process of making a change or
fixing a bug.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/