[geeklog-devel] The Geeklog Wiki needs YOUR help!

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat May 9 09:26:43 EDT 2009

The Geeklog Wiki, <http://wiki.geeklog.net/>, does contain a lot of
useful information, but probably wasn't exactly the most attractive
place to go to for help, mostly due to the duplicate documentation trees
(for 1.3 and 1.4). We've finally managed to merge these two trees back
together and get rid of (most) of the duplicate content.

This is now the point where we would welcome input and additions from
the Geeklog community. For example, there's a lot of content there
regarding development, but very little about the actual daily use of Geeklog.

Also, the installation instructions are in a state of disarray after an
attempt to merge the instructions from the two documentation trees -
both of which were out of date to begin with. I guess it would be best
to start over fresh here and describe the installation process as of
Geeklog 1.6. I wonder if anyone from outside the core team would be
interested in trying to write up new installation instructions in "plain
English"? Jason C. Levine did a good job at that a few years ago, but
the installation process has changed a lot since then and it's time for
a fresh start, IMO.

In the long run, I'd like the Geeklog Wiki to become the main source for
the Geeklog documentation. We will always ship some form of
documentation with Geeklog, but the wiki could become the master source
from which that documentation is fed and updated. And things like the
Plugin API and theme documentation should probably only live in the wiki.

So, if you ever thought about contributing to Geeklog but you couldn't
because you're not a programmer, here's an opportunity to help us out.
You will need an account for the wiki, but we're giving those out freely
(self registration is only disabled because of those pesky spammers).
Small contributions, such as clarifying sentences, correcting typos, or
adding links between existing pages are also very welcome.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/