[geeklog-devel] Plugin Repository Development Thread

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat May 16 03:35:30 EDT 2009

I feel like a few things are getting lost in the discussion[1] (probably
because some people jumped into it without reading the ideas page[2]
first). So let me point them out:

1) The plugin upload in 1.6.0 already takes care of moving the 3
standard directories around. Any additional files/directories needed by
the plugin can easily be moved in the plugin_postinstall function.

So I don't see a need for the proposed new configuration file - it can
all be done in the autoinstall.php[3] file already.

2) Not sure where the wget idea came from, but we already use PEAR's
HTTP_Request all over the place in Geeklog. I would think this would
then be the obvious choice for downloads here, too.

bye, Dirk

[1] <http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=87486>
[2] <http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/SoC_plugin_repository>
[3] <http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Plugin_Autoinstall>