[geeklog-devel] geeklog-devel Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun May 17 11:51:42 EDT 2009

Tim Patrick wrote:

>However, I would assume that this could be found out based on the fact
>that it looks to me (correct me if I am wrong) that all plugins tend to
>have the SQL folder in them, with a file for each database supported.

That's how I implemented it now[1] for the bundled plugins. Of course,
that only works for a plugin you have control over, not in the generic
case. A plugin could not have an "sql" directory and still support MS SQL.

So that information must come from somewhere.

>However it would be a better practice to enforce a file with this
>information (as well as other) to help standardize the process.

Not saying it's the best way, but have you considered adding this
information to the autoinstall.php? I would assume the Plugin Repository
could load it anyway to get the plugin's name and version number.

The downside of this: It's a huge security hole ...

bye, Dirk

[1] <http://project.geeklog.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/geeklog/rev/9089a0c77860>

--
http://www.geeklog.net/