[geeklog-devel] geeklog-devel Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5

Tim Patrick tcsp1900 at hotmail.com
Sun May 17 11:23:27 EDT 2009

Ideally of course this would be put in a config file.
However, I would assume that this could be found out based on the fact that it looks to me (correct me if I am wrong) that all plugins tend to have the SQL folder in them, with a file for each database supported.
Hence it could probably be found out this way. However it would be a better practice to enforce a file with this information (as well as other) to help standardize the process. Or maybe when they upload to the repository they can fill in a field for the supported databases (the best way) and if they do not fill in any it would then do a check to see if it can find any information, and failing finding anything display for that plugin that the db cannot be determined.

My idea is that the repository will contain information in it about each plugin that the plugin repository reads and then determines whether it can be installed on their server or not. (Much like how the firefox addons determines the version of firefox and won't let you install one that isn't for your version or supports it).

So if the server uses MSSQL the plugin repository would grey out any entries that did not support MSSQL for auto install, however you could still download the plugin manually (in case you want to be able to hack it to work on MySQL for example :P)

- Tim