[geeklog-devel] Meetups

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Wed Nov 11 09:29:23 EST 2009

I didn't say Google's calendar wasn't good. I just said Geeklog has a
calendar up and running on geeklog.net and it was passed over for an
external calendar. If Geeklog devs ate their own dogfood[1] (as the
saying goes) they would be a chance they might improve the existing
calendar plugin. Instead they are using someone else's calendar which
means the existing plugin will not see any loving. The parts of
Geeklog that work the best are the parts that the devs use. Here was
an opportunity to add the calendar plugin to the set of features the
devs use and they didn't. Thus the calendar plugin will probably
wither even more than it has.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_one%27s_own_dog_food