[geeklog-devel] Autotags help?

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun Nov 22 16:42:03 EST 2009

If you would like some rough code, I had once intended to expand the
autotag plugin as a control center for autotags. I have code that can
intercept other plugins' autotags and disable them. Wouldn't be too
difficult to add permissions based on what was being edited if that
was needed. I can mail you what I have (it must be for version 1.5.0
though or perhaps 1.4.1) if you want to look at it.

The way to do this in core would be to force autotags to register
when the plugin is installed and move a lot of the PLG_collectTags
code to a database lookup. With the maturity of the plugin auto
install code, adding a "autotag" line to the autoinstaller array
wouldn't be hard.

At 04:36 PM 11/22/2009, Tom wrote:
>Speaking of new autotag features,
>
>  I have always wanted to control what autotags a user can use in a post
>(comment, story, forum post, etc..). I have created autotags (mainly from
>the autotags plugin) for all sorts of things and I have about 30 to 40
>different ones in use. Most of them I don't really want a normal user to use
>or even know about.
>
>I haven't really thought of what the best way to actually do this but I
>thought I would throw the idea out there.
>

>Tom

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games