[geeklog-devel] Autotags help?

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun Nov 22 17:45:32 EST 2009

I also thought there was an issue for passing the object name and
object id into PLG_replaceTags so permissions could be checked but it
also appears to be missing. I know I wrote about that several years
ago but can't remember if it ever made into the old bugtracker, let
alone the new one.

The hard part of permissions on autotags is the permission applies to
the editor, not the reader. The idea being when a user posts to the
forum with [secrettag:scarystuff], the tag needs to be stripped if
the poster does not have permission to use the secrettag. This can't
be implemented now because when PLG_replaceTags is called, the author
of the object is not passed in. If you are going to add permissions
to autotags, perhaps you should rethink them from scratch and just
create a new set of plugin APIs for them (for GL 1.7 for example).
Autotags are one of the cool, unique features of Geeklog. Still, they
could use an update since their first inception.

At 05:11 PM 11/22/2009, Dirk Haun wrote:
>Tom wrote:
>
> > I have always wanted to control what autotags a user can use in a post
> >(comment, story, forum post, etc..).
>
>I thought we had an issue for that on the bugtracker but I can't find any.
>
>Yes, this is something that we should have.
>
>On a related note, the way we differentiate between $_CONF['user_html']
>and $_CONF['admin_html'] is somewhat hand-wavy ...
>
>No immediate idea for either of these, but I guess it should involve
>permissions.
>
>bye, Dirk

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (6.0.0.19 - 10.004.115).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/