[geeklog-devel] Calendar Plugin - Recurring Events

Anthony Rowles aqrowles at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 13:33:09 EDT 2010

It's an important policy decision, for certain.  According to W3C, >95% of
users browse with JavaScript enabled, and this percentage rises every year.
Still, we should probably support graceful degradation - the parser would
have to be written twice in PHP and JS, but it shouldn't be too difficult to
port just a few classes, and it's functionality anyone with knowledge of PHP
and JS could add later, if I don't have time during the summer.  I'd
implement the fallback solution using temporary tables - this prevents the
generated events from interfering with the client-side solution, and since
the number of JavaScript-disabled users is likely to be extremely low, the
lack of caching shouldn't be an issue.  A user with JS disabled is going to
have a less responsive application, but a functioning one.

- Tony