[geeklog-devel] Calendar Plugin - Recurring Events

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Thu Apr 1 13:52:10 EDT 2010

At 01:15 PM 4/1/2010, Vincent Furia wrote:

>Tony,
>
>I like the idea of having the client do the work. But what happens
>if the client has JavaScript disabled? Will they be unable to view
>recurring events?
>
>-Vinny

The problem with this is long lasting events and the calendar side
block. If a recurring event is weekly on Fridays and is create
January 2001, will that event have to be sent to the browser for
every page hit if the calendar side block is visible? How do you
filter events so you aren't sending every recurring event in the
database to the client? (Looking at one of my yahoo groups, there is
a weekly event that was created in 2004 that we still receive event
notices for so don't think 10 year old events are impossible.)

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (6.0.0.19 - 10.004.172).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/