[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 is on

Jakh Daven tuxcanfly at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 12:03:57 EDT 2010

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the detailed reply. However, the same argument is valid for
public groups isn't it? We have a unique constraint on (grp_owner,
grp_name). So nothing stops both you and me from creating two public groups
with the same name, "The New Jersey PHP User Group", for example. Socnet
still has to differentiate between the two groups when showing them to a
member of both the groups.

Other than that, I have upgraded to 1.6.1.1 and have been using it. IMHO we
can have an option for the admin to set the group owner when
creating/editing a group. Of course Socnet will set the user who creates a
group as the group owner, but the admin should be able to change the owner
by editing the group.

Will keep you posted as I delve deeper into the changes :)

Cheers,
Jakh