[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 is on

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sat Apr 3 13:07:33 EDT 2010

At 12:03 PM 4/3/2010, Jakh Daven wrote:
>Thanks for the detailed reply. However, the same argument is valid
>for public groups isn't it? We have a unique constraint on
>(grp_owner, grp_name). So nothing stops both you and me from
>creating two public groups with the same name, "The New Jersey PHP
>User Group", for example. Socnet still has to differentiate between
>the two groups when showing them to a member of both the groups.

That's an issue for socnet. There is no core code to create a user-owned group.

>Other than that, I have upgraded to 1.6.1.1 and have been using it.
>IMHO we can have an option for the admin to set the group owner when
>creating/editing a group. Of course Socnet will set the user who
>creates a group as the group owner, but the admin should be able to
>change the owner by editing the group.

I left that function out on purpose. socnet might have other features
attached to a group that are very user specific. Likewise, if a group
is private, even an Admin should not be able to change who owns that
private group because it violates the privacy of the original creator.

>Will keep you posted as I delve deeper into the changes :)

No problem.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (6.0.0.19 - 10.004.176).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/