[geeklog-devel] 1.8.0 Release Timetable

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Dec 19 05:02:18 EST 2010

Tom wrote:

> What are your thoughts on the timetable for the 1.8.0 release?

Well, we obviously missed our November deadline for this release ...

I take the blame for this. I've been travelling a lot lately (I've been to 5 countries in the last 4 months alone) and you can't really advance a project if you're sitting in a hotel room with an iPad ...

>  I have gotten busy with work at the moment so I just want to make sure I leave enough time to finish off the OAuth support (resynch and the bug in the configuration).

I was going to ask if there's a chance for us releasing something (at least a beta or a release candidate) before the end of the year.

Thanks to you, we do have a couple of features in so that we can call this 1.8 and not be embarrassed about it, most notably the OAuth support.

> Once OAuth is done I will then be concentrating on the Professional CSS theme, adding in Rouslan's new graphics, and working on including topic support for plugins.

How long do you guys think you need for this?

>  Once the Topic stuff is done I would then be looking into the template system improvements I have mentioned in previous posts.

Sounds like something that could wait for a 1.8.1?

I'll go through the bugtracker to check for issues that should be addressed in 1.8.0 and update the "roadmap" view accordingly.