[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 is on

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Tue Feb 16 14:33:24 EST 2010

> I don't understand what the hesitancy is. There is nothing to the
> design:

There is no hesitancy -- my thought is to simply let the community start
to write add-on functionality instead of having it all in core.  Opens
this up to developers outside of the core. To continually jam optional
functionality into core means that the development time for revisions of
the socnet mechanism increases.

The gsoc socnet project could easily be a plugin that is then maintained
by the gsoc author, the mentor and anyone who *should* be leading that
project.  It allows more developers to join the community so they are
not shut out of working on core.

It begins the notion of building-blocks of functionality that are not
contained in core.  Reusable objects, routines etc. that are optional.

Again, just my $0.02 worth.

-randy