[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 is on

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed Feb 17 09:47:09 EST 2010

I see benefits to both sides of the argument, but to be honest I feel that
security is a responsibility of Geeklog.

> The core should be there to provide services for plugins.

I think this statement sums it up well.

We pride ourselves on Geeklog's security and on it being secure (so much so
it may become part of the slogan). It makes more sense to me, to include the
basics of this in Geeklog than to let a plugin handle it.

As far as the rest of the social networking functionality, it should be
handled by plugins.

In regards to my Facebook Connect idea, I would hate to see
COM_facebookLogin in lib-common as well. Geeklog sites used by businesses
would never need something like this. I haven't really looking into how
Openid was implemented but I assumed Facebook Connect would be done in a
similar manner. Maybe this process needs to be changed?  I don't know as I
haven't done any real research yet on how Facebook Connect is implemented
and how Geeklog handles its different login procedures.

I guess I have some reading to do ... :-)

Tom