[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 is on

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Feb 17 11:35:56 EST 2010

Tom wrote:

>I haven't really looking into how
>Openid was implemented but I assumed Facebook Connect would be done in a
>similar manner. Maybe this process needs to be changed?  I don't know as I
>haven't done any real research yet on how Facebook Connect is implemented
>and how Geeklog handles its different login procedures.

There's an API for remote authentication modules which are then simply
dropped into system/classes/authentication

    http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Remote_Authentication

The LDAP, LiveJournal, and the now defunct Blogger authentication
modules were implemented that way.

The OpenID login process, however, was too different from what that API
allows and had to be hard-coded.

I have never even used Facebook and have no idea how their login process
works and whether or not it could use the remote authentication API ...

http://spam.tinyweb.net/