[geeklog-devel] SOCNET

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Thu Feb 18 15:37:26 EST 2010

> Now you do bring up something that would nice to have in core: bulk
> email handling, queuing and throttling. But email features are useful
> outside of social networking. There is a feature request and I think a
> GSOC project for this as well. I've written many messages about email
> throttling in the past.

This is the whole point behind collaborative plugin architecture.  There
should be a messaging plugin that can handle email, facebook postings,
twitter postings etc etc.
The messaging plugin would then be responsible for maintaining what each
end user wants to do with messages and content -- all the while allowing
developers to piggy-back on that functionality.

A collaborative plugin architecture would be a good GSoC project.  Not
sure how "appealing" it would be compared to socnet.

By the way -- is that going to be the official name we give to the
social networking project then?  SocNet?

-randy