[geeklog-devel] SOCNET

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Feb 18 16:09:55 EST 2010

Randy Kolenko wrote:

>A collaborative plugin architecture would be a good GSoC project.  Not
>sure how "appealing" it would be compared to socnet.

There's <http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/
SoC_core_notification_support> which is at least something in the same
general direction. It did get some interest in past GSoCs.

I've wondered if it wasn't a bit too complicated / over-designed,
though. A simple queue mechanism would help a lot right now and would be
easier to implement and immediately useful. Which is something I've
added to the Brainstorming page.

(but then again, maybe we're talking about different things?)

>By the way -- is that going to be the official name we give to the
>social networking project then?  SocNet?

Yay, another naming discussion ;-)

Nah, sounds okay to me.

http://spam.tinyweb.net/