[geeklog-devel] SOCNET

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Feb 19 12:39:00 EST 2010

Tom wrote:

>So is this the desired route to go then? (group question here)

I've stayed on the sidelines for this discussion, but it always felt
"natural" for me that some of the required functionality would have to
be implemented in the core.

There may even be uses for this outside of a full-blown "social" site.

For example, while groups can easily be mapped to departments of an
organization, in real life the borders are often not so clear cut. So
the option to allow access to "all members of the Marketing group - and
Bob and Jill" could come in handy.

So maybe don't call it a "friend" in the implementation ;-)

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/