[geeklog-devel] GSoC Calendar Plugin

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Wed Feb 24 22:17:51 EST 2010

So there's no desire to take the calendar upgrade I wrote into the
core calendar? It has reminders and subscriptions already.

At 01:29 PM 2/24/2010, Vincent Furia wrote:
><http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/SoC_calendar_plugin>http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/SoC_calendar_plugin
>
>Input welcome.

Rewriting from scratch is probably the best part of this idea. (It's
what I should have done a couple years ago for the bounty.) However,
rewriting from scratch adds a lot extra time to the project as well.
I would call these requirements beyond ambitious. 3 months is not
enough time to tackle even a 1/3 of all the stuff listed.

I think having "group" calendars and multiple user calendars is
premature without the core group upgrades we've been discussing. When
paring down the requirements I would look toward this part as "design
for it but don't worry about getting it in".

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com