[geeklog-devel] GSOC Calandar plugin really?

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Feb 26 01:53:53 EST 2010

Wayne Patterson wrote:

>How about something that would actually attract users?
>I don't think I've ever used gl's calendar - not once.
>Not to disregard other users' needs.

There was enough interest in an improved calendar to start a bounty. I'm
pretty sure the current calendar has shown up as a negative point on
some people's checklist when they were looking for a suitable CMS for
their site.

>What about a beacon system?
>When you install geeklog on yoursite.com you have the ability to activate a
>beacon to link to other geeklog sites... having categories maybe?

Not sure I understand that idea. Is this something similar to
<http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/SoC_cross_site_publication>?

Tim Patrick sent in an interesting proposal for that last year.

http://spam.tinyweb.net/