[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 is on

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jan 29 15:16:38 EST 2010

Keheliya Gallaba wrote:

>I would like to work on adding social networking support to Geeklog as my
>GSoC project for 2010.

Welcome. Or welcome back :)

>Last year also I submitted my idea for an existing
>proposal in Geeklog for GSoC. But mine didn't get through. May be since I've
>been closely following Geeklog development for 1yr+ I may stand a chance
>this time. ;-) My experience about CMSes has grown too, because I got to
>work with many different ones last year. I've done a bit of reading too.

To clarify: I'm not opposed to the idea of adding social networking
features to Geeklog. I just think that we don't quite seem to know
ourselves what we'd like to see added - and what it's going to be used for.

So I'd like to see if someone would be willing to invest some time
looking into this, coming up with use cases, a list of features, and an
overall plan. The current project description on the wiki is, IMO,
rather vague and not very convincing. Surely there are Geeklog sites
that you've built or seen where some sort of "social" feature would come
in handy?

This research could very well be done by someone outside the team, e.g.
a Geeklog user or a (potential) GSoC student. But the project also needs
some support on the team's side (a "champion", in project management terms).

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/