[geeklog-devel] PHP 4.4 vs. 4.3

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jun 11 17:06:53 EDT 2010

Am 11.06.2010 um 22:50 Uhr schrieb Vincent Furia:

> I'd like to resurrect this topic. Perhaps soon (now maybe?) would be a good time to broach this subject on Geeklog.net. That way people can start planning for the next release of Geeklog to require PHP 5.?.

There already is a note about this in the 1.7.0 release announcement. But a separate post surely can't hurt.

> That, and I'd like to tell Vlad that he can use PHP 5 functionality to make his coding a bit easier.

In case that wasn't clear: All this Summer's projects can assume PHP 5 as the minimum requirement. We said we would drop PHP 4 support with the next major release. And that release would be the one with (hopefully, at least some of) this year's results in it.