[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 Project ideas

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Mar 5 01:58:48 EST 2010

Vincent Furia wrote:

>>1. integrating OAuth:
>OAuth would be a good addition to Geeklogs existing ability to
>authenticate against several different sites and services.

When you search our wiki for "OAuth", there's only one hit: A page with
some brief thoughts on security and authentication. An application for
such a project should explain how OAuth fits in to all that and which
problems it would solve exactly.

>If you meant to create an "Ad Plugin" that provided ad rotation, ad
>sales/billing, ad statistics, and more(?) it would likely be a big enough
>project for GSOC.

But then again, why reinvent the wheel? If people are happily using
phpMyAds (they changed the name - forgot what the new name is) with
Geeklog, why spend our scarce resources on a new plugin that does
effectively the same?

Of course, that's only my impression (i.e. that people are happy or at
least okay with what's currently available). I may be wrong and there
may be interest in a better system ...

http://geeklog.info/