[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 Project ideas

cordiste cordiste at free.fr
Fri Mar 5 03:31:06 EST 2010

>why reinvent the wheel? If people are happily using
>phpMyAds (they changed the name - forgot what the new name is) with
>Geeklog, why spend our scarce resources on a new plugin that does
>effectively the same?

> Of course, that's only my impression (i.e. that people are happy or at
> least okay with what's currently available). I may be wrong and there
> may be interest in a better system ...

An great advantage of integrating tools is to allow admin to use geeklog
features (group security, autotag, submition queue...). So we must keep in
mind to promote every integration, every new plugin and even every new
theme. Otherwise users and developers will look elsewhere.

::Ben

P.S: To follow the seasons, sometime I dream of a "Geeklog Spring of
Plugins" and "Geeklog Autumn of Theme" ;)