[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 Project ideas

Abhinav Chittora bijolianabhi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 00:54:24 EST 2010

Hello folks,
Thanks for discussing the project Ideas.

Dirk Haun wrote:

>When you search our wiki for "OAuth", there's only one hit: A page with
>some brief thoughts on security and authentication. An application for
>such a project should explain how OAuth fits in to all that and which
>problems it would solve exactly.

It means if OAuth is able to solve problems described on the wiki page[1]
related to security and authentication then it will gonna be a good Project
idea for Google Summer of Code 2010. I will soon back with the solution.
Hope OAuth will solve the problem pointed out on the wiki page[1].

During this period another idea strikes in my mind, Hope all of you don't
mind discussion on that also.

cordiste wrote:
>An great advantage of integrating tools is to allow admin to use geeklog
features (group security, autotag, >submition queue...). So we must keep in
mind to promote every integration, every new plugin and even every new
>theme. Otherwise users and developers will look elsewhere.

1. Support for Semantics web: Developing a API to use the data available on
geeklog websites. That API will provide a common framework that allows the
data to be shared and reused across the application, enterprise, and
community boundaries.

2. Some more ideas will come soon. :)

[1] http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Future_Plans

-with Regards,
          \\\///
        / _   _ \
      ( | o   o  |)
  Abhinav Chittora
    (   )     0ooo
              (_/
Google Summer of Code Student for Xiph.org, 2009
Student, Engineering College Bikaner
Sent from Bikaner, Rajasthan, India