[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code 2010 (calendar plugin)

Vlad Voicu vladvoic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:21:34 EDT 2010

Hi!

My name is Vlad Voicu and I am a 2nd year student at Politehnica
University Of Bucharest, Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer
Science.

I have developed a bunch of applications in PHP, MySQL, mainly
as a freelancer. I am using Ubuntu as my operating system, and
I'm familiar with versioning systems (GIT, SVN), and I think I can easily
adapt to Mercurial. My favorite editor is VIM, hope you are not racist
towards this :D. I can work around LAMP easily.

I am very interested in the calendar plugin. I would like to know what
are the steps to be accepted for this project, as you have already
thought of all the main features :).

I was thinking to submit to you my vision on the calendar interface
and on the implementation of the features.

I know some things about what problems you face when you design a
calendar, as I done a lot of research recently on Osmo (a personal
organizer) because I work on a synchronization feature for it. The
work is done in an open source organization from my University -
ROSEdu.

Vlad