[geeklog-devel] SocNet

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Mon Mar 22 07:24:01 EDT 2010

>(1) There may be cases where a user does
>not belong to any group.
>    In that situation is it possible to
>have a one to one sharing of information ?
Let say, I have created a group and some of
>users who are in my friend list do not
>belong to any group. and if they want to
>communnicate with other users without
>joining to the group (other users belong to).
>So we must have one to one communication.
>I think this should be must have feature.

Socnet just provides the APIs to other plugins.  If one of those APIs is to give ad-hoc subscription abilities to a single user, then that is where Socnet begins and ends for communication.

>(2) One more idea we can include to make a
>group famous in the site. By flashing the
>group logo or tagline in other groups as a
>advertisement. This promotion of group  will
>be decided by the other group members by
>looking at the advertisment,if they like
>the group. Now if the promotion hits for a
>particular group increases more and more
>the advertisement will be shown more
>frequently in other groups.

The initial version of Socnet could probably do without this feature.  I would hate to have a student not complete the requirements due to an overwhelming number of added features.

>(3)  What type of information to be shared?
>      Is it text,picture,audio,video?
>      if text is one of them we can have some html support.

Shared information?  This is up to the plugin that implements Socnet.