[geeklog-devel] Proposal idea

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Mar 23 15:48:19 EDT 2010

William Garcia wrote:

>The idea is to build the generator  and test generating  a pluguin as  poll
>or any other.
>
>I have used MDA to develop complex software on php and the advantage is you
>can reuse the Meta-saving  development time.

That sounds like an interesting approach. I'm looking forward to reading
that proposal :) Feel free to include links on the theory behind all
that, but if you could try to explain things in layman's terms also,
that would be appreciated.

My main gripe with generators of any kind (including my own feeble
attempts) is that they are all one-time shots. I.e. you run the
generator and get a stub that you can then expand on. And then later,
there is an API change or something and you can't update what you've
already written but need to start over from scratch.

Does MDA offer any help here or does it suffer from the same problem?

http://geeklog.info/