[geeklog-devel] Proposal idea

William Garcia wilfer.sis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 02:23:23 EDT 2010

hi,

I drafted the solid and  clear proposal, I hope to finish it this weekend.
Answering your question, when we create a pluguin using the generator, we
have to design it within a XMI, This XMI contains the data model, rules,
behaviors and other features including in the generator.
This file would be as the source of your plugin, so if we update the
generator is only load the XMI and generate the new version of the plugin. I
make that clear in my proposal.

bye,

2010/3/23 Dirk Haun <dirk at haun-online.de>

> William Garcia wrote:
>
> >The idea is to build the generator  and test generating  a pluguin as
>  poll
> >or any other.
> >
> >I have used MDA to develop complex software on php and the advantage is
> you
> >can reuse the Meta-saving  development time.
>
> That sounds like an interesting approach. I'm looking forward to reading
> that proposal :) Feel free to include links on the theory behind all
> that, but if you could try to explain things in layman's terms also,
> that would be appreciated.
>

> My main gripe with generators of any kind (including my own feeble
> attempts) is that they are all one-time shots. I.e. you run the
> generator and get a stub that you can then expand on. And then later,
> there is an API change or something and you can't update what you've
> already written but need to start over from scratch.
>
> Does MDA offer any help here or does it suffer from the same problem?
>
> bye, Dirk
>

> --
> http://www.haun-online.de/
> http://geeklog.info/

William Fernando Garcia Muñoz
Estudiante Ingenieria de Sistemas
Comunidad Universitaria de Software Libre
Cusol- UIS
Tel 312 557 4736