[geeklog-devel] CKEditor

geeklog at mystral-kk.net geeklog at mystral-kk.net
Thu Mar 25 20:53:17 EDT 2010

Dirk Haun wrote:

> Our friends from geeklog.jp did some experiments there, I think. Ivy
> sent me some links regarding the integration of TinyBrowser (from
> TinyMCE) into CKEditor (since the file browser in CKEditor is no longer
> free).
>
> Actually, someone from geeklog.jp (mystral-kk, I think) managed to
> replace FCKEditor with TinyMCE. Since I hate^Wdon't really like
> FCKeditor ;-) I was wondering if that was a route we should be exploring

I tried implementing TinyMCE as a plugin.  Since it is just a plugin, it
hasn't been as well integrated as FCKeditor shipped with Geeklog, but I
think it works almost as well as FCKeditor and will work as well or better
with some changes of Geeklog code.  Anyone interested in the plugin can
download it from http://mystral-kk.net/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=35 .

Through implementing TinyMCE, I come to understand a JavaScript WYSIWYG
editor doesn't have to be part of core code.  So, I propose that we
integrate a JavaScript WYSIWYG editor with Geeklog as a plugin, whether it
is CKEdiotr, TinyMCE, or anything else.

I also propose Geeklog should be shipped with a JavaScript framework, such
as jQuery, prototype, mootools or YUI.  In my humble opinion, jQuery is
best for two reasons:

1. jQuery can avoid conflicting with other JavaScript libraries.
2. It has quite a small footprint.  Only 69kb when minified.

Of course, it is a totally different matter whether Geeklog will be
dependent on any JavaScript framework, though I believe JavaScript should
be used to provide progressive enhancement.
--
  mystral-kk
  geeklog at mystral-kk.net
  http://mystral-kk.net