[geeklog-devel] CKEditor

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Thu Mar 25 21:42:59 EDT 2010

At 08:53 PM 3/25/2010, geeklog at mystral-kk.net wrote:
>I also propose Geeklog should be shipped with a JavaScript framework, such
>as jQuery, prototype, mootools or YUI.  In my humble opinion, jQuery is
>best for two reasons:
>
>1. jQuery can avoid conflicting with other JavaScript libraries.
>2. It has quite a small footprint.  Only 69kb when minified.

As I've said on many occasions, I think mootools is a better fit for
Geeklog. mootools' philosophy is to be a better javascript than
javascript alone. It is not a gui framework although it does support
many gui tools. Core mootools is 63K with YUI compression and it has
a $-safe mode just like jQuery does. And the mootools plugins are far
better organized than jQuery's. I think this is because mootools
makes js more OOP and so the plugins are more object like to start
with. The mootools core dev team is also slow to add core features,
giving such additions great consideration - just like the core dev team here.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (6.0.0.19 - 10.004.170).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/