[geeklog-devel] Improvement of Installation GUI

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Thu Mar 25 20:40:27 EDT 2010

At 03:21 PM 3/25/2010, Dirk Haun wrote:
>So in most setups, you wouldn't need to move things around at all. And
>if you keep the same basic layout (even when your webroot is called,
>say, "htdocs"), the installer will find things just fine.
>
>I'm probably biased, but is that really such an unusual setup?

Unfortunately from what I've seen, yes. Most CMSes have a single root
with index.php in it and all other files underneath. It is much
easier to install for people who don't understand directories and
Unix permissions. There are webhosts (though the numbers are going
down) that don't allow you to put files outside of the webroot.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (6.0.0.19 - 10.004.170).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/